WBC or WHITE BLOOD COUNT
Dec 13, 2009
I hear a lot about WBC. is there a connection between WBC and HIV? my WBC has been low since I became HIV+.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate how low your WBC is. Yes, HIV infection can be associated with a low WBC, but there are many co-factors such as meds, other ongoing medical conditions, other ongoing infections, or a variety of cancers that could be causing the problem as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Oral Sex?
- Is Bronchitis A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Sore Throat An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.