WBC or WHITE BLOOD COUNT
Dec 13, 2009
I hear a lot about WBC. is there a connection between WBC and HIV? my WBC has been low since I became HIV+.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate how low your WBC is. Yes, HIV infection can be associated with a low WBC, but there are many co-factors such as meds, other ongoing medical conditions, other ongoing infections, or a variety of cancers that could be causing the problem as well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dried Blood And HIV Transmission Risk
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Touching Used Condom
- Is Dizziness A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.