Can ARV's cause a rapid HIV test to read negative?

Hi Doc, I have been on ARV's for the past 6 years and my CD4 count has been between 700-830. I have not done a viral load test for they are very expensive in Kenya. I have been doing random HIV testing and they have all shown positive but 5 days ago I took a rapid test and it showed negative and I checked the date on the kit and it was valid and the lab technologist followed the procedure. So, can it be that am now negative or is it just an error?What are the chances of a test showing a false negative?Kindly respond so that even as I go for a confirmatory test I will do so with some information and not be so excited that am now ok then get dissapointed. Thanks a heap Doc

I have no explanation for why the test would be negative, but more importantly, why are you continuing to get HIV antibody tests when you are already HIV positive and receiving HIV treatment?

hep c enlarged spleen
Lab results question