from undetectable to detectable...
Dec 6, 2009
I have been undetectable(>48)for almost 18 months, since I began medication...recently on my last blood test the results changed to a viral load of 52. Ten days before my blood test I had skipped my medication(1 day)and was experiencing extreme emotional stress(for several days). Assuming neither will happen again...Can I expect to become undetectable again in 6 months?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes. I would not be concerned about. In almost all cases the viral returns to being undetectable and is not an indication of HIV treatment failure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute And Negative HIV Test
- HIV Test After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Blisters After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.