|test prozone effect
Nov 29, 2009
hello, when the RPR goes negative in a person with untreated syphilis. Does that mean the immune system contained or killed the virus, and that the syphilis cannot cause damage or move into tertiary stage? i have read that the rpr goes negative in the latent stage of syphilis. Does this mean the disease is not a threat anymore when that happens?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Syphilis is caused by a bacterial infection. The RPR can become negative or stay positive for many years even after successful treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Warts On Your Hands?
- Do Condoms Prevent Genital Warts?
- How Long Does Fluconazole Take To Work?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.