New to this Told numbers are great please explain

Hi there, I'm new to all this treatment, labs etc. I've been infected since mid-2006, diagnosed in October of 2009, Got my first set of labs back but they weren't really explained clearly to me. I have Hiv/Hep C My cd4 count was 450 on October 19 and 425 on Oct 26 and T4/T8 ratio was .33. My viral load was 417 which they said is absolutely phenomenal for someone who's been infected that long and that I likely won't need HIV treatment for awhile, even though I'm showing minor symptoms such as oral thrush, swollen lymph nodes and mild memory loss. They plan to start intraferon treatment for the Hep C at the end of January if these numbers stay the same. Is it normal for a flucuation like that with CD4 count in less than 2 weeks? And what is the average Viral Load for someone after three years of infection? Thank you

Unfortunately there is no average viral load based on time of infection. The viral load one has is based on your underlying immune system and the type of virus (more or less virulent) you were infected with. Your viral load is quite low, as the range can be anywhere from about 40-1 million copies/mL. two CD4 counts are essentially the same and within the range of assay variation. The normal range for CD4 counts in people without HIV infection is about 500-1500. another important number to follow is the CD4%, which is a more stable number over time. I am concerned that you already have some symptoms with that CD4 count and wonder if your CD4% is reduced out of proportion to what your CD4 count shows. In other words, with that current CD4 count, your CD4% should be about 25%. If yours is < 20%, that may indicate more damage to your immune system than your CD4 count or that viral load indicate, and treatment might be considered earlier.

How is a treatment regine determined by the physician
switching from indinavir to Lopinavir/r