Nov 29, 2009
At what stage does the test result read as negative to a poz person who has been taking treatment? My cousin thinks that she may be neg now?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not sure what test you might be referring to. The HIV antibody test will remain positive, but the HIV viral load test can become undetectable after 1-6 months of HIV treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Attacking The White Blood Cells
- Can You Be Hiv Negative And Have Kaposi's Sarcoma?
- Why Do Doctors Prescribe Different Antibiotics For Chlamydia?
- When They Do The Hiv Blood Test Do They Also Check For Herpes?
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Shingles?
- Ways To Get Rid Of Genital Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.