Blood work results, what are the meanings of the abreviations
Nov 29, 2009
I recently had blood work done. I received the results in the mail but I don't know what some of the abreviations mean. these are the ones I was wondering about: RDW-SD, RDW-CV, and MPV. the first two were low and the third one was high. what does that mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
These markers all have to do with red blood cell size. You will have to speak with your doctor as to the significance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling Lips A Sign Of HIV?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Licking Genital Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.