Blood work results, what are the meanings of the abreviations
Nov 29, 2009
I recently had blood work done. I received the results in the mail but I don't know what some of the abreviations mean. these are the ones I was wondering about: RDW-SD, RDW-CV, and MPV. the first two were low and the third one was high. what does that mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
These markers all have to do with red blood cell size. You will have to speak with your doctor as to the significance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Eye Floaters?
- Is Bronchitis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Painful Urination A Symptom Of HIV?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.