question about " undetectable
Nov 22, 2009
Hello Doctor.... My latest blood work indicated my viral load to be "HIV Detected.. but the level is below 48 copies"... Is this effectively the same as " undetectable" or is detected but below 48 somehow not as good as " undetectable"
Response from Dr. Holodniy
From a practical and clinical point of view, < 48 copies/mL is undetectable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Have Unprotected Sex With An Hiv-positive Person And Not Catch It?
- Have There Been Any Cases Of Transmission Of Hiv By Skin Contact
- Can Yogurt Help Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Worried About Hiv Can't Sleep Already Have Herpes
- When Do You First Breakout From Herpes?
- What Does It Mean To Be Exposed To Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.