question about " undetectable
Nov 22, 2009
Hello Doctor.... My latest blood work indicated my viral load to be "HIV Detected.. but the level is below 48 copies"... Is this effectively the same as " undetectable" or is detected but below 48 somehow not as good as " undetectable"
Response from Dr. Holodniy
From a practical and clinical point of view, < 48 copies/mL is undetectable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hole In Condom Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Getting A Tattoo?
- Is Licking Anus Safe?
- Licking Anus Risk Of Getting HIV
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.