Can cd4% indicate if cd4 count taken when ill is accurate?

Hello again,

I wrote in a couple of weeks back but didn't have all my results. Here they are.

cd4 384, cd4%20 VL 25 000 My antibody maturity test shows I have not contracted the virus in the last 4/5 months and I had a negative rapid and blood test one year ago.

I was diagnosed with shingles and my bloods taken in the middle of the outbreak.

I understand 384 would represent a big loss in a year if this was the true figure. I also understand that it's quite possible this figure is artificially low because of the shingles I had when my blood were taken. I also, however, understand that the cd4% is a more accurate measure and less sensitive to blips due to illness.

I got more bloods done today, 1 month on from my shingles clearing up. Does this relatively low cd4% indicate that the 384 score might actually be quite accurate?

Thanks very much 22, male, uk

Very nice distillation of the facts. The answer is yes, that CD4% is would be consistent with a CD4 count of 384. It will be interesting to see your follow-up numbers.

HBV DNA, QN, PCR results of 15,700,000 IU & 59,700,000 copies
very high SGOT ang SPGT