Pathology report interpretation
Nov 22, 2009
Hi Please interpret this for me...is it looking good or bad? CD4 Lymphocytes Abs - 139 CD4 Lymphocytes % - 13 CD8 Lymphocytes Abs - 623 CD8 Lymphocytes % - 59 CD4/CD8 Ratio - 0.22 HIV Viarl Load - 28361 Viral Load Log value 4.45
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Because the CD4 count is < 200 and the CD4% is < 14%, this indicates an AIDS diagnosis, and you are at risk for developing serious opportunistic infections. Your viral load is in the moderate range. HIV treatment is indicated right now. The good news is that your CD4 counts will bounce back up once the HIV treatment has gotten the virus under control.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Have Dental Work Done If I Have Thrush?
- Hiv And White Spots On The Lips
- Will Yeast Infection Cream Cure Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Will Happen If You Have Sex While Having Hpv?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.