Virus can't be phenosense tested

Dear Dr. Mark

I have been positive for twenty year. My viral load recently went from undetectable to 300 then 600 then 800 then 2600. My doctor decided it was time for resistance testing to evaluate my option. The phenosense test came back saying that it could not be run because I have a virus that only one-half of one percent of the PLWHA population has that somehow attacks the agents used to perform the test. What in the world has my virus mutated into now? Have you ever heard of this? My doctor does not know what to do. Can you help?

I would be curious to see the exact quote from the report. I would suggest getting a different resistance test (like a genotype) from another commercial laboratory, which looks at the genetic sequence of the virus and doesn't actually require the virus to be grown.

viral load clarity
worried about liver damage