HBV DNA Test Result

My husband requested to have HBV DNA Test and the result is is as written: 12,315 copies/ml 2116 IU/ml...the theoretical limit of detection is estimated at 20 IU/ml (1.3 log) of plasma. The linear range extends up to 17000000 (8.2 log). The quantification is homogenous for all HBV genotypes tested. PLease help me understand this, He will see his doctor after 3 days, can you give me idea of what to expect?..I'm worried. Thanks.

You don't indicate why the test was obtained. It is likely that he is chronically infected with hepatitis B virus. That is a very low viral load for HBV infection.

Some info on resources in Thailand
Elevated liver enzymes on atripla