Viral Load Confusion
Nov 7, 2009
Im a little confused ...my Real Time PCR is 27514 H and LOGCOPIES/ML is 4.44 H...what do those numbers dictate?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what virus this was for. Assuming this is HIV, that is a viral load in the low-moderate range. Those two numbers are actually the same number expressed as the absolute copy number (27,514) and the log10 copy number (4.44).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From French Kissing
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Topping Without Condom?
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.