|HBV DNA test
Oct 31, 2009
Just had HBV DNA test and the results is as written: 2602 copies/ml 447 IU/ml...the theoretical limit of detection is estimated at 20 IU/ml (1.3 log) of plasma. The linear range extends up to 170000000 (8.2 log). The quantification is homogenous for all HBV genotypes tested. PLease help me understand this, I will see my doctor after 3 days, can you give me idea of what to expect?..Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is a relative low level of HBV viral load and indicates chronic infection. No conclusions can be made of severity of liver involvement or need for treatment until other tests have been performed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rare Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.