HCV RNA QUANT, PCR Test Results
Oct 25, 2009
Just was test negative for Hep C and Genome Type got the results HCV test but need help reading them and if they are normal. Results were 43 IU/ML and 1.63 LogIU/ml. Are these normal. thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Those values are expressing the same number in two formats. This is a very low positive HCV viral load and is just barely above the cutoff for being negative. This result needs to put into the context of other lab results and why the test was ordered originally.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Lesion On Tongue A Sign Of Hiv?
- Can Antibiotics Fight Hiv If Taken Immediately?
- Can Hiv Take Longer Than 6 Months To Develop Antibodies?
- How Long Can Hiv Live Outside The Body In Blood?
- Can You Get Hiv If You Share Drinks With A Person Who Has It?
- Are Leg Cramps Caused By Hiv Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.