HCV RNA QUANT, PCR Test Results
Oct 25, 2009
Just was test negative for Hep C and Genome Type got the results HCV test but need help reading them and if they are normal. Results were 43 IU/ML and 1.63 LogIU/ml. Are these normal. thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Those values are expressing the same number in two formats. This is a very low positive HCV viral load and is just barely above the cutoff for being negative. This result needs to put into the context of other lab results and why the test was ordered originally.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Odds Of Infection Sharing A Cigarette
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Hole In Condom
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Headache Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Is Muscle Ache An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.