HCV RNA QUANT, PCR Test Results
Oct 25, 2009
Just was test negative for Hep C and Genome Type got the results HCV test but need help reading them and if they are normal. Results were 43 IU/ML and 1.63 LogIU/ml. Are these normal. thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Those values are expressing the same number in two formats. This is a very low positive HCV viral load and is just barely above the cutoff for being negative. This result needs to put into the context of other lab results and why the test was ordered originally.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dealing With Constipation When You Are Hiv Positive
- How Long Does Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia Last?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Blood Splash
- Do People Get HIV From Massage?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Hole In Condom
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.