Tracking Exposure

I tested negative for HIV and all other STDs on March 08, May 08, Sep 08, and late-Feb 09. However, in mid-February 2009, I had flu-like symptoms and had one high-risk sexual experience with another male partner (unprotected oral sex, unprotected anal sex as inserter -- albeit precum, no other bodily fluids were exchanged). In late-July, I was negative for all STDs but diagnosed HIV+ CD4 147 at 12%, VL 40803, non-resistant genotype. Between March - July, I had no illnesses, colds, or flu-like symptoms. Although, I had two other sexual male partners between March and July (unprotected oral sex, guy in April tested negative, have not notified guy in May), how likely is that I was infected in January 2009--although earlier partner tells me he is HIV negative but tested positive for gonorrhia, considering I had no at-risk behavior between September 2008 and prior to the start of our relationship in December 2008? Also, would I be considered a rapid HIV progressor, although I started Viramune/Tripula in early-August and in early-Sept had CD4 of 380 at 22% and VL at 207?

Well, given your negative HIV test history, and symptoms at that time, it is possible. That is a pretty rapid decline for only a few months of infection. The good news is that your response to HIV treatment has been terrific and taken you out of AIDS category. I suspect your numbers will continue to increase once your viral load becomes undetectable.

I love my liver, what can I do to help it.
Low CD4 High Viral Load and 2 OIs in 6 months