difference between hep b test and hiv test
Oct 10, 2009
I have hepatitus b. I maybe somewhat like a carrier since I have never had any symptoms. My question is what does the hepatitus b testing reveal about other std's and hiv. From the hepatitus b test results alone can you determine if you have or do not have hiv or do you need to strictly do an hiv test.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
No, you need a specific HIV blood test to determine whether you have HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Discharge After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- 14 Months After Possible Exposure Results Non Reactive
- Are Condoms Provided By Sex Workers Are Safe?
- Hiv Risk And Blood Test Needle
- Hiv Transmission Put Hand In Toilet
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.