New VL value system?

Hi Good Doctor!~ I had health insurance for the first 3 years of Tx after my HIV+ Dx, and after starting Atripla my VL was always undetectable <45 on some sort of standard test .... now I'm thrown into the VA System and after a huge hassle finally got my labs, but they are in some sort of new format I don't understand and I have to wait for an appt w/ my HIV specialist in 3 more months to ask any questions... no phone calls accepted..... the HIV nurse says she can't help either, so I'm kinda scared .... Here's the values: HIV PCT: 344 copies/mL HIV/LOG: 2.54 WESTERG: 23 H I never saw these readings when I had I had my own Dr. on labs; what does this really mean? Am I not ud any more? should I be worried? Thank you!!!!

That is an odd response you got at the VA, and frankly disappointing. That said, yes your HIV viral load is detectable now at 344 copies/ml. The log value is the same number, expressed as the base 10 logarithm value of the absolute number. We use log values all the time in expressing viral load. Assuming your Atripla adherence is good, this may just be a blip and due to changes in the assay. It certainly should be repeated. WESTERG is probably a sedrate, which is a very nonspecific measure of inflammation in the body. Yours is just above the normal range and many folks with HIV infection have a slightly elevated value. I am not sure why they would have ordered it.

PCR
I tested + in 2001; recently took 2 tests which were negative