Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

CD4 count-will it tell me how long with HIV?

I was recently diagnosed with HIV and all I have so far are the lab results that I dont understand. It says my absolute CD4 helper is 1821 H. Is this good, bad, and can it give me a time frame of ANY sort for when I got the infection? Like evryone else I want to know where I got this, am angry.

That is a very good CD4 count and is slightly above the normal range (500-1500). So you are in very good shape from an immune system point of view. No, unfortunately, you can't time the infection from that count.

need help interpreting results
My numbers are dropping quick! Why?