need help interpreting results
Oct 4, 2009
i just received a copy of my lab results for a test to see if i might have hep c. there are many initials. i think the test is called HCV RNA, Quantitative real time PCR. i see two numbers <43 and <1.63. i've no idea what this means.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It means that no HCV virus was detected by that assay. Those two numbers are saying the same thing. The first is the absolute copy number and the second is the log number.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv From A Doctor Not Wearing Gloves?
- Candidiasis Infection Treatment With Doxycycline?
- Can Having An Std Cause A False Positive Hiv Test?
- Can I Know If I'm Hiv Positive After 2 Weeks Of Infected?
- Will Chlamydia Be Detected In Blood Test?
- Type Of Doctor Who Removes Genital Warts
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.