Decreasing CD4 count

I am on ART phase2 medication for last 5 years. My CD 4 count was increasing all this time and was 533 till Jan 2009 while the viral load was less than 50. In the last test results, the CD 4 has decreased to 233 and the viral load has increased to more than 2 million. I have never missed on any of the medicines which were prescribed by the doctor. Now my doctor is saying that if after 2 months, the CD 4 count again comes out to be low, he will have to start giving Phase 3 medicines which will be impossible for me to afford. What are the options available for me to increase the CD 4 count and are there any help available in alternative therapies to increase CD 4 count.

It sounds like your virus has developed resistance to the medications you are currently taking. If you are still taking your current HIV meds, the first thing you need to do is get a resistance test done to see which HIV medications will be effective against your virus. That will determine what the options are going forward.

My Dr is not worried, but I am
need help interpreting results