My recent hcv rna quant pcr is 43
Oct 4, 2009
My recent hcv rna quant pcr is 43. My doctor told me my Hep C is gone. Is that possible? Thank you
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate in what context this test was performed, and whether any other HCV testing (like antibody testing) was performed, or whether you are chronically infected and received HCV treatment. In some assays, a value of 43 is still considered positive, although at a very low level.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Origin Of Gonorrhea?
- What Else Causes Genital Warts Other Then Hpv?
- Can You Get Vaginosis From A Latex Condom?
- Time It Takes To Get Genital Warts After Exposure
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
- Testing Positive For Herpes With No Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.