My Husbands Lab results. Please can you explain them to me?

My husband has just recently had a cd4 and viral load test. the results were cd4 350 and viral load less than 40 and percentage 1.4%. Please can you explain these results as in May this year his cd4 count was 181 and viral load less than undetectable? Thankyou.

You don't indicate whether he is receiving HIV treatment or not. It appears that his CD4 count has doubled in the last 4 months and his HIV viral load has remained undetectable. Both of the viral load levels mean the same thing except that a lower cutoff value is given when one says < 40 copies/mL, below which the assay cannot accurately detect if virus is present in the blood. I am not certain what the 1.4% refers to. It would not be likely this represents the CD4 cell percent. It's too low. Likewise for viral load, we don't usually express viral load results by percent.

What's a good testosterone level for HIV+
T-cells