What's a good testosterone level for HIV+
Sep 26, 2009
Hello Doctor. My HIV specialist ran a testosterone test on me and it came out 5.02 ng/mL Is that OK or what? I'm 52. Thank you!!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
A normal testosterone level is between 250-800 ng/dL. Some HIV experts advocate levels of 500-1000 in HIV infected men. If your units are correct (ng/mL), then that would translate to 502 ng/dL which is right in the normal range.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Vaginal Fluid
- Is Loose Stool An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- How Does Hydrogen Peroxide Cure Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.