Are there good Indian HIV meds?
Sep 26, 2009
I am traveling to India in January and will be there for an extended period of time. I currently take Norvir, Lexiva, and Truvada. I am wondering if there are any equivalents in India and whether the products there are as effective as American drugs. Ideally, I could buy my drugs there since shipping every month from the US will be too expensive. Thank you so much for all your advice. Topher
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, HIV drugs are being manufactured by companies in India, and would include almost all the medications you are currently taking.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Have A Herpes Outbreak Do You Get A Sore Throat?
- What Over The Counter Drugs Can Treat Genital Herpes?
- What Do Herpes Symptoms Look Like?
- Could Very Small Bumps Be Genital Warts
- Time Frame After Contracting Herpes Before It Shows Up On An Std Test
- What Is The Typical Incubation Period For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.