Sep 26, 2009
Hello Dr, was diagnosed few months back, my CD4count is 168 and Viral load 12000, the Dr say i should start the med but wait 2month for other test, cas this time i had some skin infection when i took the test, should i start the med now or wait my other test in Nov?? pls i need help
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would recommend starting now. Although other infections could affect your CD4 count, your current count is low enough that it is unlikely that a skin infection would drive it that low from a number that was high enough we wouldn't recommend starting treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.