Sep 26, 2009
Hello Dr, was diagnosed few months back, my CD4count is 168 and Viral load 12000, the Dr say i should start the med but wait 2month for other test, cas this time i had some skin infection when i took the test, should i start the med now or wait my other test in Nov?? pls i need help
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I would recommend starting now. Although other infections could affect your CD4 count, your current count is low enough that it is unlikely that a skin infection would drive it that low from a number that was high enough we wouldn't recommend starting treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Smoking Pot With An Hiv-positive Person
- How Long Does It Take To Notice Hiv Symptoms After Contact?
- What Should You Do If You Think You Have Herpes On Lip?
- What Does The Discharge Of Chlamydia Look Like?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.