what is end stage hiv

last doctors visit, viral load is 150 cd4 is 170. I have full blown aids. My doctor say end stage. I am not sure what that means. (I have an idea).. My cd4 count has never gone above 170 since I was told that I have full blown aids. I dont know what the outlook is, I dont know what to expect. Is this the end? with my viral load going up, what does that mean? my tcells have been as low as 59 but are back up to 170, is that good? Please, please someone answer me.

I don't understand what your doctor is talking about. This is not end stage by any means. You don't indicate whether you are on antibiotics to protect you from infections or whether you are receiving HIV treatment. If the answer is no to both, you need to start both ASAP.

Editor's Note: To locate a health care provider who specializes in HIV/AIDS, call an HIV/AIDS organization near you for referrals, or search through this data base. Be sure to also read the information here, HIV/AIDS Treatment Basics.

500K Viral Load, 20 TCell Prognosis
please help