500K Viral Load, 20 TCell Prognosis
Sep 13, 2009
With a 500,000 Viral Load and a 20 T Cell Count, including wasting from 170 to 125 lbs. Just diagnosed and starting meds, is it too late for the meds to work? How long to live? This is for a friend, so I'd love the facts.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That is pretty advanced HIV and AIDS. However, it is never too late for HIV meds to start working. Once the viral load becomes undetectable, the CD4 count will begin to rise, they will no longer be at risk for serious opportunistic infections, and they will start putting on weight.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush Sign Of Seroconversion
- Sex With A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.