Aug 30, 2009
i had my physical examination and they have found out that i am pasitive on vdrl but negative tpha. could that be possible? i had my second opinion to 3 different hospital and it was negative should i take medication to be fit for my work?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate why this test was obtained. If the confirmatory test for syphilis was negative, this could represent a false positive VDRL, in which case treatment would not be necessary. However, a treatment decision (whether to treat or not) should be discussed with your doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Disease Symptoms
- Can Blood Tests For Yearly Physical Find Hiv?
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- When Should You Get Tested For Chlamydia Again After Treatment?
- When Does First Herpes Outbreak Occur?
- When Do Symptoms Of Gonorrhea Appear?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.