low cd 4 low viral load: alternative healing

hi Dr Holondniy

i am refering to the question asked last week and your answer given. thank you for the advise.

i would like to ask another question... i understand that the treatment would helps to reduce my viral load to >50. but in the long run, does the treatment not affect my kidney / liver? and when that time comes, doesnt my immunity also fall, and reduce my CD4 count again?

i am not on treatment and have reduced the viral load from 10,000 - 433 in two years. yes my CD4 count has also fallen a hundred count but doesnt the CD4 do that anyway while the immune system is fighting to such a massive reduce in the viral load. and if i should be able to reduce my viral load further to >50 with further healing is it not better than tiring my kidney / liver with drugs? i have been healthy for the past two years, with probably once having a cold.

i am quite reluctant to start treatment as it is very expensive here in singapore. plus i try not to take any chemicals if i could. is there any herbs or vitamins that might help in the control of the virus?

blessings!

p.s. below is a reference to my last question and your answer. ____________________________________________________________________________ low cd 4 low viral load Aug 23, 2009 hi , my viral load was 10,000 2 years ago and cd4 was around 400 now 2 years later my viral load is 433 and my cd is 307... should i be concerned or relieved?

Assuming your are not on HIV treatment, your results likely indicate some ability of your immune system to control the virus, but likely not sufficient given the decline in CD4 count. I assume that the CD4 percent has also declined. This would help confirm that the CD4 decline is real. If you are not on HIV treatment and your CD4 percent is < 20%, I would consider starting treatment.

Yes, HIV treatment could result in some long term toxicities but that is not the case in all patients and the advantages outweigh the potential risk. You have the information regarding conventional HIV treatment and risks of not being on treatment, so it is your decision to make.

hepatitis
cd4 & viral load