Transmission of HIV via stomach ulcer?
Aug 23, 2009
Assuming that oral and esophygeal health are great, no microscopic tears or cut, no open wounds, what is the likelihood that a stomach ulcer would be the portal of entry for HIV? I understand that the virus is very weak and cannot live in HCl of the stomach, but I can understand both sides. Dying before it could reach the stomach ulcer because of the high acidity concentration, but there's also inflammation. Which one is true?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not aware of any data to answer the question.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.