low cd 4 low viral load
Aug 23, 2009
hi , my viral load was 10,000 2 years ago and cd4 was around 400 now 2 years later my viral load is 433 and my cd is 307... should i be concerned or relieved?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Assuming your are not on HIV treatment, your results likely indicate some ability of your immune system to control the virus, but likely not sufficient given the decline in CD4 count. I assume that the CD4 percent has also declined. This would help confirm that the CD4 decline is real. If you are not on HIV treatment and your CD4 percent is < 20%, I would consider starting treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Balls After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.