Question on viral load.

This is in re: of your response: My son was born with HIV contracted from birth He is 20 years old now and has been doing well but he tends to forget his meds a lot. In your response you stated:

You don't indicate the age of your son, and whether he is on HIV treatment. In general those are good numbers, but if he is on treatment, I would ask why the viral load is detectable.By my sons viral load being detectable would the implcation be from not taking his meds as directed or is it a result of... what?

Yes. If he is taking meds and his viral load is detectable, that either means he is not taking his meds as prescribed and he has break through viral replication, or he has been taking his meds (either correctly or not) and his virus has now developed resistance to meds he is taking. I would suggest getting a resistance test to sort this out.

Almost undetectable but CD4 count falling
CD4 count and Viral Load