acute infection? start treatment?
Aug 16, 2009
I tested positive in March, 2009. My last test was five years ago and was negative. Labs in June, 2009: cd4 238, 18%; VL 66,733. My doctor suggests starting treatment. Should I wait to see if my CD4 is low due to acute infection or should I start treatment? I really don't know when I was infected? Thanks for your advice!
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I agree with your doctor. You can't be for certain this is acute infection and given your current CD4 count and percent, I would recommend starting HIV treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Insertive Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.