undetectable 4 yrs viral load dectectable and CD4 rose?
Aug 16, 2009
Have been undetectable 4 years now 200 copies and detectable,but my CD4 count has raised from 200 to 457 which I don't understand and my Dr. didn't have time to explain it please help. I asked does that mean it has mutated?,or I took a bad batch of retrovirals?Havn't missed a dose.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not concerned. This likely indicates viral load blipping, which is most likely the result of assay variability and not treatment failure.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Shaking Hands
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can You Donate Blood If You Have An Std?
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vaginal Pain After Sex?
- How Long Does Hpv Last In The Immune System?
- Red Bumps On The Vaginal Area With White Heads On Them
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.