Shock and Kill technique

I have read a few articles about the "shock and kill techique". This technique is supposed to awake the dormant hiv cells so they then can be killed by anti viral medication. The implications here are that unlike current medication which only lowers the viral load to undectable awaking dormant cells could lead to total eradication.

I spoke about this to my hiv doctor who had heard nothing about this "milestone" as it has been reported and seemed unphased. What is your opinion regarding this new development? Can it provide some sort of hope or is it merely a flawed claim.

Thank you for answering in advance.

Yes, this strategy has been talked about and explored for years, using exogenous interleukin 2 and HIV treatment as a model. It is still a work in progress.

HEP B LAB #S
CD 4 count 12