Malaria test?

At one point, I had v. high viral loads of HIV (677,000) and HCV(9.9 million), also HBV and Epstein-Barr..... After Atripla and Ziagen( now off Ziagen totally) my HIV quickly went undetectable ...and according to tests and retests my HBV is undetectable without any core or surface antibodies or antigens. (Dr. says that's impossible, but he did all the inital tests and liver biopsy that showed I did have HBV) HCV is undetectable after 6 weeks of interferon/ribavirin (coming up to final week of that therapy at wk 48). My Dr said hes "doesn't give a hoot" about EBV because your "reconstituted immune system will take care of it" , but when I ask him about my malaria, he always says he'll check into it.. I love my dr., but I keep thinking that malaria, unlike the other diseases, is a bit out of the run of the mill. So, is there a test to see if I still have it, and if so are there threatments?? I'm totally adherent to all drug regimens. Thank you very much!

Sounds like you have had great responses to HIV and HBV treatment. You don't indicate when you had malaria in the past, what kind of malaria it was, and what kind and whether you received treatment. There are some forms if not properly treated that could linger. Usually you would have symptoms and in almost all cases you make the diagnosis with a blood smear. Depending on the type and where it was acquired dictates that type of treatment you would receive.

positive p24
Should Treatment be started