Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE HELP ME FIND AN HIV DOCTOR
Jul 19, 2009

Hie Doctor Mark..... I am a 29yr old female, and I have probably lived with HIV for maybe 12 or 6 yrs I don't know. My Doctor doesn't seem that knowledgeable and is always busy. I am in desperate need to find another doctor who can explain things to me properly tell me whats going on and will help me understand about Cd4 levels etc Please please I am begging you .I live in MONTREAL CANADA. I found out I had the disease 2001 and started seeing a doctor 2004 however he didn't start me on medication till February this year. I'm on Atripla and don't know how I'm doing on it. and I've started gaining belly fat which I tried to lose by being on Master Cleanse which is probably not good for my Nutrition being it's only lemon juice and maple syrup. So I jes found out about this site now and would like help on how I can go about defeating this Lipodystrophy safely and with which medications. Please help. Thank you

Response from Dr. Henry

There are many good HIV clinicians in Montreal. I know that the HIV Clinic at McGILL is excellent. Your HIV doc should check your response to therapy by assessing your CD4 count and HIV level. The risk for lipodystrophy is low overall with tripla. There is not data that Master Cleanse or any supplement has a clear benefit regarding fat distribution. Most patients who do well on HIV treatment gain weight partly recovering weight lost due to HIV infectio and soon have similar weight control problems as other family members or adults. Your HIV doc should be seeing you on a regular basis and discussing there important issues with you. KH

Previous
Heart disease risk
Next
hepc tests

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.