Jul 19, 2009
My viral load went from <75 to 182 in less than six mos. My TCell count is at 1466 and I have never been on meds. (HIV) My new numbers are from a different lab and my doctor said not to worry about anything. He says that the fluctuation is normal and there is not inmediate risk. what is the value for undetectable?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I agree with your doctor. With the assay you are using, undetectable equals < 75 copies/mL.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are HIV Symptoms All At Once Or Spread Out?
- At What Stage Of Hiv Do You Get Itching
- Can Kaposi's Sarcoma Be The First Sign Of Hiv?
- Can You Infect Someone With HIV Days After You Are Infected?
- Contact With Vaginal Fluids When Removing The Condom HIV Risk
- False Negative Test During Pregnancy
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.