Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

cd4 & RNA levels

In April of this year, I was diagnosed with HIV. My viral load was 579,000 and my cd4 level was 24. As of today, my viral load is 740 and cd4 count is 214. Is it a possibility that my cd4 count will reach a normal level and my viral load go into the undectable range, and, if so, what the timeline might be. My medications are: Truvada 300mg, Prezista 400mg and Norvir 100mg taken once daily. Thank you

It is possible that your CD4 count will get into the normal range. However, the lower your CD4 count is when you start HIV meds, the longer it may take, perhaps many months to years. Your viral load will definitely get to undetectable, likely by your next visit.

After A Year
CD4 up and down