After A Year

A year ago I was fired from my job - the company had been bought out and the new owners wanted to shed employees.

At that time I was on reyatez-truvada-norvir and had been on it for almost two years. When I started the meds my viral lode went to undetectable in about a month from +/- 24,000.

When I became unemployed, my HIV doctor recommended I go to a particular clinic. I was given a number to call, and I tried 6 - 7 times, but all I got was a voice mail and I left messages that were never returned. As I really didn't expect to be unemployed that long, I didn't go any further.

Well, its now been a year without a job and without meds. I have had no illnesses - not even a cold. I went to the nearby public health dept and signed up for assistance. They have indicated that my CD4 is 169 and my viral lode is now 73,224.

With these results, am I now considered to be HIV+ or now have AIDS? I still feel fine and in fact exercise regularly and walk about 4 miles a day.

Thanks for your help.

You have AIDS by definition, as your CD4 count is < 200. Make sure you keep up with your exercise program and hopefully you will get back on HIV meds very soon.

cd4 count
cd4 & RNA levels