What Good is Undetectable

I'm new so excuse me if this is a stupid question. What is the relevance of getting your VL down to undetectable? Obviously it is important because that's what everyone is striving for, but why? Is there a medical benefit such as a stronger immune system. Is it because it improves the CD4 count. If you are still infected and still infectious, what's the big deal?

I think you answered your own question. Ongoing viral replication (as measured by a detectable viral load) results in CD4 decline, loss of immune function and development of opportunistic infections and death. HIV treatment reverses these processes and outcome.

Time to start?
ALT 65 and GGT 46.8