Jul 5, 2009
I don't know where to ask this question. I have had hiv for over 25 years. Where can I find statistics about the percentage of people that have survived past 20 years? 30 years? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
I am not aware of good statistics that address this. Survival statistics such as these are dependent on numerous factors such as age at infection, gender, underlying genetics, other preexisting or developed medical conditions, HIV treatment, amnog others.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Get Herpes Does It Show Right Away?
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
- What Does Gonorrhea Do To Your Body?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Ways You Can Get Chlamydia From People Who Have It
- Things That Look Like Herpes But Are Not
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.