IGG, IGM, CMV

My wife and I (a lesbian couple) have decided to start a family using a known donor. We have asked that he gives us copies of current STD/HIV tests stating that he is negative to all. He is sending us additional tests results that were performed before. One that came up, was him testing positive for IGG antibodies from a childhood exposure to CMV. He then told us that in a recent test, the result came back that the IGM antibody levels are normal, indicating that it has ended, like chicken pox and not transmissible. We have done some research on this and have been getting back different answers. Some stating that most people carry it and some stating that it could be something severe. Should this be a concern for our insemination process?

You need to have a copy of the results. I don't know what is being referred to as IgM levels are "normal". Antibody levels indicate exposure (past or current) and most likely indicate clearance and immunity to infection. Although CMV like all herpes viruses remains dormant in the body, usually only becomes active/reactive during some kind of immunosuppression.

HBsAG Screen
1st report CD4 and Viral load