Jul 5, 2009
The HBsAg Screen test came back as positive. The HBeAg came back negative. The HBV Real-Time PCR Quant was <29 IU/ml and <168 copies/ml. Am I a just a carrier or is it possible that the HBsAg was a false positive. My ALT's have ranged from 128-142. Do I even have Hep B?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is likely you are a carrier. You need to discuss your results with a liver specialist.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Cut On Hand
- Itchy Testicles Could I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Trichomoniasis Without Have Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.