Newly Diagnosed Undetectable Without Meds
Jun 21, 2009
Hi - am a treatment-naive newly diagnosed HIV + Male. At first diagnosis my CD4 was 1400 and viral load 7000 - after about 6 months, my CD4 is still around 1400 and viral load is undetectable. What is going on?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your immune system is able to control the infection on it's own without the need for medication. Although your scenario is rare, it has been reported.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- How Soon Can U Get Tested For Hiv After Sharing A Needle?
- Persistent Thrush Keeps Coming Back
- Can You Get Hiv By Eating Infected Blood?
- Do Scabs Protect Bloodstream From Hiv?
- Can Anxiety About Hiv Lead To Hiv Symptoms?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.