|Newly Diagnosed Undetectable Without Meds
Jun 21, 2009
Hi - am a treatment-naive newly diagnosed HIV + Male. At first diagnosis my CD4 was 1400 and viral load 7000 - after about 6 months, my CD4 is still around 1400 and viral load is undetectable. What is going on?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Your immune system is able to control the infection on it's own without the need for medication. Although your scenario is rare, it has been reported.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
- Can You Get Herpes From Semen?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.