Undetectable Viral Load
Jun 14, 2009
If it's possible to get the viral load down to a level that is undetectable with meds, what keeps the meds from going a little further and completely eradicating from your system? I know it will never happen, I'm just curious why, since I'm newly diagnosed positive and am trying to educate myself as much as possible.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Because HIV is integrated into the DNA of human cells, current HIV meds will not irradicate the infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Causes Vaginal Hemorrhaging And Shaking?
- Does Pep Work To Prevent Hiv Infection?
- Hiv Antibody Positive Viral Load Negative
- How Accurate Can An Oraquick Test Be After 3 Weeks?
- HOW LONG CAN HIV SURVIVE IN A SYRINGE?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.