Jun 6, 2009
I am almost five months pregnant, my doc calls me to tell me that I tested positive for Hep B. And that I have the virus. I am a med lab tech and when I went over my labs they didnt make sense to me, can you interpret them. HBsAg screen: negative Hep BE Ag: negative Hep B Core Ab, IgM: negative Hep B Core Ab, Tot: negative Hep Be Ab: negative Hep B Surface Ab: >100
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
These lab results only indicate evidence of HBV surface antibodies or likely immunity. You must ask your doctor what he means by tested positive for HBV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Coated Tongue After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.