Low cd4 count and viral load

I was diagnosed a few weeks ago, my viral load is 4006 and my cd4 count is 139? i am currently taking Bactrim. I am schedule to see a doctor in a couple of weeks. I do not show any signs or symptoms. How worried should I be of catching something? Should I be washing my hands after i touch anything or just wash normally? Should be avoiding my wife who has a cold? Should I be trying to get into the doctor sooner? I already saw an HIV nurse, but because of work was not able to schedule anything sooner. Thank you for answering my questions

That is a very low CD4 count and indicates an AIDS diagnosis, which puts you at risk for developing serious opportunistic infections. Hence the reason you have been put on bactrim. In general, good hand washing and generally avoiding ill people are important until you can get your CD4 count back over 200. I wouldn't get too crazy about it though. A couple of things to also note. I would suggest you have a HIV resistance test performed to make sure your viral strain doesn't already have evidence of HIV drug resistance. Or if it does, your doctor will know what he can prescribe and what he can't. Although treatment is clearly indicated for you and starting sooner is always better, a 2 week delay is not that long to wait. Once you start HIV treatment, your CD4 count will likely double within 1-3 months as the virus comes under control.

Low CD4 count
Huge Spike In Viral Load